Basic Coatings Acrylic Test Kit
Quickly identifies whether an acrylic finish is present on Hardwood Floors.
- 1. Find an inconspicuous area in the room, and identify the spot with tape(It is recommended that more than one area is tested).
- 2. Apply a few drops of the test solution on the floor and wait 30 seconds.
- 3. Wipe the solution off with a paper towel and observe the spot, use a flashlight if needed.
- A noticeable difference in sheen indicates an acrylic finish is most likely present. Do not coat over an acrylic finish. Please note that results may very. When in doubt, do not coat.
- No change in sheen indicates acrylic wax is most likely NOT present.
- WARNING: Corrosive. Causes burns. Vapors harmful. Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable gloves.
- FIRST AID: Remove contaminated clothing immediately.
- SKIN AND EYES: Flush skin and eyes immediately with large quantities of water for at least 15 minutes. Seek immediate medical attention.
- INGESTION: If swallowed, contact a poison control center immediately for treatment advice. Have conscious person take sips of water if able to swallow. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by poison control center or doctor.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then administer artificial respiration.